Your brakes are a vital safety feature on your vehicle, unfortunately they are also not permanent and do need to be checked often. Your local Kennesaw GA car service center has some tips that might help though, in preserving your brakes and extending their lifespan.
1. Try only using your right foot on the pedals — Often times if a driver is using both feet to drive, one is resting on the brake pedal. Practice only using your right foot when driving to eliminate excess wear.
2. Don’t carry unnecessary cargo – Only take things with you that you will need. A heavier car is not only hard on brakes, but tires and gas mileage as well.
3. Flush your brake lines – You do need to change your brake fluid periodically. Flushing these lines will ensure that your lines don’t rot and keep your ABS working smoothly.
4. Don’t be a speed demon, be smart – Don’t drive 65 miles per hour, especially when you know that you’re about to stop. Stopping from high speed rates causes excess wear on your brakes.
5. Learn to coast – In addition to number 4, learning to cost to a stop will be something that you have to work at. However, it will extend the life of your brakes because eventually you will learn how to use your car to stop without applying them so early.
6. Splurge once, and save down the road – You can’t really complain that the cheaply bought brake pads are wearing out on your vehicle. This is definitely a “you get what you’ve paid for situation”. Make sure you’re buying a great quality brake pad now, and you won’t have to worry.
Your local Kennesaw GA car service center has great deals on brakes, tires, and tune-up. Make sure you treat your car nicely, and it will return the favor.